Apply now!! Gracefull are recruiting!
Fire.Cloud is looking for enthusiastic young women with lots of spirit who love to sing! In January 2014 we launched Gracefull, our singing initiative for young women. Now in 2017 we are recruiting again! Members of Gracefull will contribute their time and talent to upcoming Fire.Cloud events and gain valuable vocal experience working with others in a non-profit environment. This is an opportunity to develop your voice and your heart.
What we’re looking for from Gracefull applicants:
- Enthusiastic young women who love music and want to develop their gift for singing
- 16+ year old singers who are committed, hardworking, reliable, open and willing to learn
- People who care about their Christian faith. You don’t have to feel ‘super holy’; Gracefull will be a good fit if you are someone who believes your faith is something valuable in your life and you want to develop that
- Good team players; Gracefull will require you to be friendly, supportive and kind to the other young women you’ll sing with
- People who understand Fire.Cloud’s aims and are comfortable with the faith values of our organisation. (Visit here for more about our faith perspective).
What Gracefull members can expect from us:
- The chance to find and develop your singing voice through regular one-to-one vocal tuition.
- An opportunity to learn how to sing in close harmony within a female group.
- The chance to perform at Fire.Cloud events during 2017/18 and explore your gift for singing within a Christian context
- Fun and a chance to make new friends
- An opportunity to be part of Fire.Cloud’s positive environment where we will work hard to develop your potential and create opportunities for you to grow as a singer and a person.
Stuff it’s good to know:
- We are currently recruiting new Gracefull members!
- Weekly sessions are held at Our Holy Redeemer Church House in Clydebank
- Guess what: you don’t have to be able to read music!
How to apply:
There is an application process, but don’t worry, it’s not scary.
Send us a letter telling us:
1) What you love about singing and what kind of musical experience you have so far. This could be anything you’ve done with music; maybe you’ve been in a school concert? Sung in a choir? Play an instrument? Taken some music exams? Or maybe you just sing in your bedroom? Tell us all about it.
2) Send us your CV too if you have one.
Once we receive all the application letters we’ll invite the applicants who we really think will get the most out of Gracefull for an audition.
You don’t have to prepare anything for your audition; we’ll do all the hard work. You just have to show up, be ready to sing and to chat to us so we can get to know you a little better. After all the auditions, we’ll let everyone know whether we have space for them to participate in Gracefull. If we don’t have space for everyone who auditions, we will let you know as soon as possible and we hope you will apply again in future. Don’t worry. We won’t leave you hanging.
You can get in touch informally if you have any questions or would like to chat about Gracefull, just email email@example.com and send your letters to this email address too. Go on! It might just be the start of something really exciting!